Star Wars: The Fore Awakens- A Review

Its Star Wars, you know who's in it. The Force Awakens was directed by the Sci Fi great  J.J. Abrams and starred Daisy Ridley as Rey, Adam Driver as Kylo Ren and John Boyega as Finn.With a modest budget of 209 million dollars, TFA rocked the box office for months. Was it all that great though?

Real quick, this will be a little quicker than Rogue One's review. TFA is almost 2 years old and has been thoroughly reviewed by critics far better than me.

 I walked out of my first screening of Force Awakens in 2015 and was thoroughly.. whelmed. My Dad and I usually agree on movies, but this one left us divided. I left saying it was pretty good, and I enjoyed it as a Star Wars movie. My Dad on the other hand... Well lets just say he wasn't a fan. I left the theater saying that the movie got an 8.5/10 for me.

I re-watched TFA before seeing The Last Jedi and I have to say that maybe my Dad was more right than I thought. Once the movie started, I ended up saying that this is Fake Star Wars. They got all the actors to come back, and they got all the bells and whistles. But it just didn't feel like a real Star Wars movie. Now that I didn't have the benefit of seeing the movie in a packed theater on opening night, the movie lost a lot of luster. Also Harrison Ford looked way less interested than I remembered.

Overall its still a fun Star Wars movies. Its something that you can shower future generations and get them hooked on Star Wars.

OVERALL SCORE: B-

STRAY NOTES (SPOILERS):
  • Kylo should've left his mask on
  • Harrison Ford DOES NOT want to be ther- oh and there he goes
  • That one alien with the butthole eyes
  • Luke looked pretty pimpin'
  • Apparently you have to read some of the supplementary books to get the "Whole Story" which really robs the fans of the Universe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog